The "Custom Export" report allows you to download or export Worktime data (for specific users) as a spreadsheet with a structure (columns) of your choosing. The type of data which can be exported can be viewed here.
This spreadsheet can be downloaded, emailed, or sent to an SFTP server from:
- A manually run report for specific users and dates available from: Worktime > Administration > Integrations > Custom export
- A scheduled report that can run periodically and either send the data to an SFTP server or email addresses of your choosing. Configured from: Worktime > Administration > Working community settings > Integrations > Integration scheduling (guidance on schedules can be found here)
- ".CSV" - A basic spreadsheet format with excellent compatibility with other systems including common spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, Libre Calc and Open Office Calc
- ".XLSX" - Best format for viewing the exported data directly in Microsoft Excel. Supports up to a maximum number of 1 048 576 rows being exported.
- To export custom data first requires an integration ruleset to be configured that defines the data that you wish to export. At least one rule and salary code must exist but there is no limit on how many you can add. See integration rulesets for more information
- The column definitions must be defined in the same ruleset with each name matching either a custom field/column defined in the rules (e.g. "MyCustomField" above) or a field/column supported by the integration rules e.g.
Formatting/conversions of values (e.g. converting seconds to decimal hours) should be handled in the rules, not in the column definitions, although by default we convert amounts in seconds to be decimal hours.
You can also configure whether you want the column headings to appear as the first row in the spreadsheet with the setting "Include header row in the export".
- If you wish to use the "CSV" format, you will also need to configure the file details. If you are unsure what to put the following settings will usually work well:
- You can then test your export by running it manually from the Integrations page or by creating a schedule and using the "Run now" button. Note: only users' data with a valid personnel number will be exported.