Document folders provide a convenient place to store additional information about personnel that is contained or archived in other files. e.g. PDFs, Excels, Word documents, etc.
Please note that for security, dangerous file types are intentionally blocked.
Managing document folders
Folder types, default folders and related features
By default, there are three document folders; Work contracts, Salary slips, and Other documents.
Work contracts and Salary slips folders are related to other features described below, and should not be removed if you are using them. However, removed folders can be returned at a later date.
- Work contracts folder - Required by the Online work contract features, for storing signed work contract PDFs and attached materials. The folder can also be used for storing any other working contract related materials. e.g. scanned copies of written contracts, etc.
- Salary slips folder - Required by the Salary advance request features, for storing approved requests as PDF. Can also be used for storing other manually created materials related to salaries.
- Other documents folder - A general-purpose folder for storing any other files related to a user
Create or edit folders
The document folders are managed from the Employees > Administration page, under the Document folders heading. From here you can adjust all aspects to the folders.
- Add a folder - To add a new folder, simply click the 'Add folder' button and fill the related fields. You can create as many folders as you feel necessary to organise your person information.
An example of this can be seen in the screenshot below, called Custom folder.
When adding a folder, the 'Type' dictates whether it is used by other features in the platform and the file types it permits. Please see the Folder types, default folders and related features heading above for more information.
- Remove a folder - Clicking the 'X' next to a folder, will mark it removed. Removed folders will no longer be accessible for anyone, but this can be reversed after clicking the 'Show deleted document folders' check box above the management panel.
- Edit a folder - By clicking the 'Pencil' icon next to a folder, you can edit its details. Here you can change its name, description, type, and permissions. Folders permissions dictate roles who have access to that folder for employees they also have permissions to.
- Change order - The arrow buttons beside the document folders, allow you to change the order in which they are displayed to end-users.
Please note that changing a document folders 'Type' is not recommended after it has been created
Viewing and editing a person's documents
I can't see any document folders?
If your administrator has not yet configured any document folders, or you lack the permissions to view them for the person in question, then you will see a notification instead. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your administrator.
Example: When no document folders are configured
If you have permissions to see a persons information, and permission to at least read one of the related document folders, it is possible to see the uploaded documents by visiting the person's information page and the Documents tab - Employees > Persons > Person information.
Depending on your folder permissions, you may then view, upload and even delete documents within each folder.
New documents can be uploaded either using the browse harddisk dialogue or by dragging and dropping the document to the intended folder.
Create new work contract
If you have the Online work contract feature enabled, you will notice a 'Create new work contract' button above the first folder with document type 'Work contracts'. This will start the contract creation wizard for that user, where you can assign a new online contract for filling and signing. Please see the dedicated Online work contracts section for more information.