This guidance applies when Nepton Payroll-service is in use.
With the Nepton Payroll service, employees can see their next payslip breakdown calculated in real-time when entering or editing Worktime events. Seeing the resulting pay right-away, helps to ensure employees and supervisors record accurate work entries. It also helps detecting possible problems that would lead to incorrect salary.
For more information on Nepton Payroll, and how to get it, please see the Nepton Payroll - General information article.
Payslips in Nepton
Current payslips, where the payday has not passed, are shown in the Worktime calendar, where employees can easily check on them. The full payslip document can be viewed by clicking the "Payslip"-link.
All of a person's payslips can be viewed on "Payslips"-tab on their own information or person information pages. Full payslip document can be viewed by clicking the "Payslip"-link.
Payslips have two statuses:
- Not yet approved by Nepton Payroll-staff
- Likely include unapproved events
- Likely to still change
- Have been fully approved
- Will be paid as shown, on the related Payday
See the specific roles which can see the payroll information including payslips, here.
Why can't I see any payslips?
Payslips are automatically generated in real-time whenever there are edits to work events or relevant HR data for a person, but this generation only occurs when all information necessary for payroll calculation is present. Below is a list of common causes for pauses in payslip generation:
- You have not yet marked work events in the coming payment period - Payslips are only shown when there are work events in their payment period. Only one future payslip is generated at a time, and this is for the coming payment period.
- Your payment group has not been set correctly - You can check this from the Employees > Own information page. A supervisor can usually change this for you if it is incorrect.
- Mandatory HR data is missing from Nepton - Your supervisor can check whether all the necessary personal information is saved in Nepton. The supervisor can check the HR data for payroll article for more information.
- Extended HR data, like Tax information, is missing from the Payroll service provider (e.g. Likeit Economics) - Please contact your payroll specialist and check the HR data for salaries article for more information.
Payslip doesn't match expected result
- If payslip seems to be missing salary rows or the amounts doesn't match expected, check first that the events have been recorded correctly.
- In case the events have been recorded correctly and the summary for the day in e.g. events in calendar/table view seems to be right, contact your supervisor to make sure that the person information affecting the salary calculations have been set correctly.
- In case you can't solve the problem using our guidance, please contact you salary contact person to further investigate the issue.
Correcting past payslips
Making corrections to the past paid payslips, on a past salary period, might need to be corrected by person having higher level event editing permissions. See related guidance here.