Below is a list of notable topics and features the Nepton development team is working on and intends to work with next. We do our best to be as transparent and honest as possible here, but of course, it is subject to change as we react to real-world events and market or strategy changes.
This article will be updated as work progresses and decisions are made.
Work in progress
The following topics are notable focuses in active development. The team are of course working on many other tasks, including support, alongside these.
- Developer recruitment
- To meet increasing demand, during Q1 2023, we are bolstering the Nepton development team by 4.
- See https://saarnicloud.com/rekry/ for all Saarni Cloud group opportunities
- Performance improvements
- We're committed to smoothing out daily work and making your life easier
- A big part of that is fast and reliable features
- The new year brought a big increase in the number of daily Nepton users
- Overhaul of the Work time integrations and scheduler
- Creating our most flexible scheduler yet - Get the integrations you want, running exactly when you want.
- Overhauling the integrations to be faster, more predictable and reliable. Making it easier to use Nepton as part of your workflow.
The following topics are notable focuses on which we plan to work next. We do our best to be as transparent and accurate as possible here, but changes are possible.
- Priima - Digital learning platform & courses
- With the widespread adoption of remote work and virtual workplaces, we have an exciting opportunity to handle your training and self-study programmes online, with custom and premade courses.
- Provided by Saarni Learning, another Saarni Cloud company, we will add the Priima to the Nepton platform, and include the lite version for all Nepton customers for free.
- Follow the link to check it out and learn more https://saarnilearning.fi/en/priima-learning-management-system/
- We will publish more details about Priima in Nepton in the near future.
- More Planning improvements & Work schedules (aka Schemas)
- We continue to improve the usability and appearance of Planning based on your feedback (Thank you, please keep it coming!)
- New Work schedules feature (aka Schemas)
- Are you planning for large groups of people with repetitive or rotating shift patterns? Are you searching for options since some operators announced an end to their planning services? We've got you covered!
- Quickly and easily plan for repetitive and rotating shift patterns for large groups of people.
- Simply create your shift schedules and then manage groups who follow them.
- No need for traditional planning of individual shifts and staff, but with all the benefits.
- More details, including early designs, will be published as soon as they are ready.
- Accruals improvements
- The ability to rename and add translations for the accruals
- Adding built-in accruals for the most requested use-cases
- Holiday pay leave
- Savings leave
- A general-purpose bank accrual (Can be used for accruing any numeric values. e.g. travel time, years of service leave, etc)
- UI overhaul
- We continue to overhaul our user interface to achieve a modern and intuitive experience.
- This work is done an area at a time, as we work on the different parts of the platform. i.e. as part of the Planning usability improvements, the Worktime integrations and scheduler overhaul, etc.