In the Administration tab of the Employees section, it is possible to add additional data fields that appear in the employees’ details. Additional data fields can be of different types, for example, date, text, or multiple-choice fields. For each field, different rights can be given on who can read or edit the field and whether the field is mandatory and what ‘s the default value. More about setting a default value here.
Adding a new additional field
1. Go to Employees section.
2. Go to Administration and open Persons additional fields.
3. Choose Add field.
4. Fill in the name of the field. The name should be unique and two fields can't have the same name.
5. Choose the field type, units where the field is shown, permissions and whether the field is mandatory or not. If the unit is left empty, the field is shown for persons in every unit.
6. Once you've added all the information, click Save.
If you have more than one additional data field, you can use the arrows at the end of the row to change their order. Additional information fields can be modified from the pen symbol next to the row. The additional information field can be deleted from the cross button. Please note that in this case, the data stored in the field will also be deleted for the entire history.
Using additional fields in online work contracts (only in service level HR Complete)
Each additional information field can also be used in online work contracts. If you want to include the additional Information field in the online work contract, you must specify an identifier in the contract’s identification field. This identifier can be used in an online work contract by specifying the identifier into the HTML code.
Please note when using additional information fields in online contracts:
- The online contract identifier in the additional information field must always be unique. Two different fields cannot have the same name.
- The name and code of the drop-down menu options must be unique.