The person export feature allows you to export personnel data (aka HR data). This can be done manually to Excel file, or automatically to a CSV file on a schedule. This article explains how you can export persons data directly to an external system using a scheduled export in Nepton.
Scheduled export supports exporting data in the CSV format.
You can create a scheduled export task by clicking “Add Task” in section Employees – Administration – Scheduled tasks. After clicking “Add Task” a form will appear where you can define a scheduled task.
Initially, only the basic details for any task are visible. When you've selected the type "Export persons" for the task, specific options for exporting are shown.
Form’s field descriptions are listed below:
- General information
- Name: Select the desired name for the task, for example "Person export from Nepton". This text has no technical impact on the operation.
- Description: You can optionally select a more detailed description you want for the task. This text does not have a technical effect on the functionality, and it won’t be shown anywhere else than in administering the scheduled tasks.
- Type: Export persons
- Run as administrator: In this field you can select the person account from which the transfer will be performed, and which will be shown in the logs and listing. The user selected for this must be an administrator. We recommend that an entirely new person account will be created for this (i.e. “Person export account”). We do not recommend a real person to be selected for this because it could create confusion about whether persons’ data is exported manually or using a scheduled task.
- Person data
- Export format: Select “Visma Nova” if you want to export file specific for Visma Nova system, otherwise select “Default”.
Encoding: Select the character encoding for the exported data and file. Possible options are:
UTF-8 is a way of encoding Unicode character set, ISO-8859-1 is limited to common characters used in European languages. In general, the program or service you are creating the file for should provide the information about the encoding needed. If you choose a wrong encoding, latin characters with diacritics or characters for non-latin characters will probably appear incorrect in the external system.
- File name format: Name of the export file without the csv extension - it will be added automatically
- Include persons with integration identifier/ employee number zero: Select “Yes” if you want to include persons with employee number zero “0” in the export file, otherwise select “No”.
- Include header row in csv: Select “Yes” if you want to include the fields’ names in the export file otherwise select “No”.
- File server (FTP/SFTP)
- Server address: Set the host server address where the exported data is transferred to.
- Port: Set the port of the host server used in transfer (default for SFTP servers is 22).
- Username: Set the username for the host server used in transfer.
- Password: Set the password for the username.
- Working folder: You can optionally set a specific folder in the host server where the exported data is transferred to. Folder can only be under the default folder for the username, e.g employees/fromNepton
- Repeat: These options set the repeating of the task scheduling. If the scheduling should be set off, pick the option ‘One time’ and set the time to a time in the past. This way the task will not be run as scheduled.
When you have set the necessary settings select Save. The platform will indicate that the changes were saved after all fields have been correctly filled in. After the saving you can test the export by selecting Execute now.