Shift planning can be used to plan staff working hours in advance. When the shift plan is completed, it can be published to the staff either as a ready-made list or so that some of the shifts can be picked up by the staff. Each person can see the shifts planned for him / her from the service and can record the working hours made in the shift.
Steps for setting up
- Only persons with correct rights can plan shifts.
- Shifts are planned so that each unit has its own plan. Set up units as you want to keep shift plans separate. Users can be shared, allowing one person to make plans for multiple units. Instructions for managing the units can be found here.
- Connect the right users to the right units. The planning view shows the users who are connected to the unit. Help can be found here.
- The shift is always planned for the location. The locations describe the structure of shift planning. Set up locations, instructions can be found here and here. Instructions for managing locations can be found here.
- It is possible to assign tasks to shifts. The planning directs that a user with the skills required for the task is selected. Instructions for setting up tasks can be found here. Instructions for managing competences can be found here.
- Set up the settings for rest periods. Help can be found here.
- After that, shifts can be planned and published.