HR API functions have not yet been standardised and therefore have different types of authentication in use. In the future, all functions shall be migrated to the use of credentials tied to a person in the Nepton platform, and the access rights for the API will be the same as the person has configured in Nepton.
For testing and automated use, we recommend setting up a dedicated person that is not used for other purposes. See guidance for adding a person.
Many functions in the HR API are not yet standardised, please check the function description in the related articles for more information on the fields required to authenticate and make a request. You can also check the autogenerated documentation on the endpoint itself: https://go.nepton.com/API/SOAPWebService.asmx
For standardised functions, the elements of authentication are;
- Username - The username of a person configured in the Nepton service.
- UserPassword - The password of the above person. ATTN: Password can not end with &-character. It breaks the XML-message.
- DeploymentId - A numeric value identifying your working community. Please contact support for the correct value.
- WebServicePassword - A password related to the working community data. Please contact support for the correct value.
Here is an example of a GetUnits SOAP message using the authentication fields:
- Method: POST
- Endpoint: https://go.nepton.com/API/SOAPWebService.asmx
- Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <soap:Body> <GetUnits xmlns="http://tempuri.org/"> <Request> <Username>Integration Account</Username> <UserPassword>e8bc7c00-17c8-4802-8962-c77e1071116c</UserPassword> <DeploymentId>285057</DeploymentId> <WebServicePassword>060b20fe-cd2a-4629-bdc5-7b896a1cebc6</WebServicePassword> <IncludeDeletedUnits>false</IncludeDeletedUnits> </Request> </GetUnits> </soap:Body> </soap:Envelope>