Please note that the instructions may differ slightly depending on the type of terminal, but in general the logic is the same in the devices. Please contact your organization’s administrator if you need further assistance.
In most cases, the reason for events being logged at strange times is an incorrect time on the terminal. This may be caused by Internet connection problems or summer / winter time changes for example.
The time and / or date of the terminal can be changed as follows:
1. To reset the device time, you must first exit the logging view.
- Check that the device is turned on.
- Use your finger or stylus to firmly press each of the four corners of the device's touch screen once as close to the edge as possible in this order:
upper left corner - upper right corner - lower right corner - lower left corner.
- The view should disappear, and you should now see the traditional Windows desktop view with different icons.
2. Changing time and date
- This step is easiest done by connecting a separate USB-connected mouse to the USB port on the device. You can also make configurations with your finger or with the stylus that comes with some devices (in small black device inside the back panel of the device, can be detached by pulling up).
- Double-click the Windows icon at the bottom left of the desktop view and click Settings - Control panel - Date & time
- You should now have a calendar view where you can change the date and time.
- You can edit the date first. If the date is incorrect, click on the date / month / year and edit the values correctly. Then click Apply.
-Next, you can edit the time. Select the correct time and click Apply.
- Lastly, make sure you have the correct time zone. The time zone should be +2, Riga, Helsinki, etc (If you are in Finland). Make sure you click Apply after the correct time zone is selected.
- Please consider when changing settings that, for example, the time and time zone cannot be adjusted at the same time, but you must first adjust another, then select Apply - Ok, and then return to change the other setting and save it again in the same way. We recommend that you check after each save that the previously changed value has remained correct.
- When the settings look right, select Ok in the top corner and the settings are now saved. After that, please check one more time that the changes were saved correctly.
3. Returning to the logging view so that events can be logged again.
- Once the desired settings have been defined, the Terminal Launcher must be restarted so that events can be logged again.
-In the desktop view, you will find the Nepton Terminal Launcher icon, which you can double-click to launch the service. When the service is started, it may restart itself several times. This is normal and may take up to 10 minutes. Please give the device the time it needs to start and wait patiently.
- In some device versions, Terminal Launcher is not on the desktop, but can be found in the folder “My device” on the desktop. Select Storage Card - Release - Work Capacity (double click) from the folder. The logging view opens automatically, and the device is ready to receive new entries. Again, the service may restart several times and it may take several minutes to start.