Work week starting time can be defined in Nepton. Work week starting time affect for example to Weekly rest time compensation or how overtime is calculated.
Work week starting time – setting defines, what time the work week begins. It also tells what time of the day the computation changes.
Setting is found from Worktime -> Administration -> Working community settings / Setting groups -> Work hours -> TES
If work week starting time is set to ‘00:00’ the work week and each day of the work week starts always at 00:00. Then also each day is considered to start at 00:00 and finishes at 24:00.
Monday 00:00 – 24:00
Tuesday 00:00 – 24:00
Wednesday 00:00 – 24:00
Thursday 00:00 – 24:00
Friday 00:00 – 24:00
Saturday 00:00 – 24:00
Sunday 00:00 – 24:00
= 1 week
If work week starting time is set to '07:00', the calculation is considered as follows:
Monday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Tuesday morning)
Tuesday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Wednesday morning)
Wednesday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Thursday morning)
Thursday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Friday morning)
Friday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Saturday morning)
Saturday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Sunday morning)
Sunday 07:00 – 07:00 (at Monday morning)
Depending on if day starts before or after the noon (12:00), also affects to the Work week/day starting time
If your work week starts on Sunday at 22:00 for example, then:
- Your first day of the week is MONDAY/next day (because the start time is after noon), but your Monday starts at 22:00 on SUNDAY and finishes on Monday 22:00.
- The second day of the week is Tuesday but starts on Monday at 22:00 and ends on Tuesday at 22:00. And so on…
- So, shifts starting on Sunday at 23:00 will display on Monday and calculated as a Monday shift and the week just starting.
- Shifts starting before 22:00 on the Sunday will display on Sunday and calculated as a Sunday shift for the week just ending.
If your work week starts on Sunday at 04:00 then:
- Your first day of the week is SUNDAY/same day (because the start time is before noon) and is from Sunday 04:00 to Monday 04:00.
- Your second day of the week is Monday, starting from Monday 04:00 to Tuesday 04:0 And so on…
- So, shifts starting on Sunday before 04:00 will be displayed and calculated as Saturday shifts for the week ending.
- Shifts starting on Sunday after 04:00 will be displayed and calculated as Sunday shifts for the week starting.
- Shifts starting on Monday before 4AM will be displayed and calculated as Sunday shifts.